Running in football rarely involves straight lines, especially when you’re trying to avoid the advances of the opposition’s hard man.
If twisting and turning your way out of trouble is part of the way you play, the new Umbro Velocita could be the boot to bring some glory to your game. Weighing just 165 grams, the Umbro Velocita is one of the lightest football boots in the world.
Following a rigorous development and testing programme at leading sports university Loughborough, the Velocita has been specifically engineered to offer a level of comfort for 90 minutes and beyond.
Every element of the boot has been laboured over, down to the laces which have been flattened akin to runner’s spikes. The outsole is built for ‘fast’ speed in all directions, improving agility by mimicking natural foot motion and traction with a unique Umbro stud configuration. Despite being one of the lightest boots on the market, comfort has not been made a casualty.
Internal padding around the Achilles area offers a snug fit and protection and the external heel counter is made of tough yet flexible Pebax® material.
Additional features and benefits of the Velocita include:
· A super lightweight microfiber upper is pimpled like a golf ball for aero-dynamicity.
· Heat-welded ‘A-Frame’ cradle to stabilise and support the foot.
· The upper is also heat welded to reduce stitching and improved feel of the ball, acting like a second skin.
· A unique outsole configuration improves rotation when moving away from opponents.
· Single piece outsole means less glue, less layers and less weight.
· The hot melt and mesh construction on the tongue provides optimum fit and ventilation along with the opportunity for individual adjustment [often lacking in other boots in this silo].
· The Umbro Velocita launches in a striking Nimbus Cloud / Dark Shadow / High Rise / Pink Glo colourway and is available in a HG version.
The Umbro Velocita is available at all Umbro SA stores in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban from Saturday 31 January 2015.