PSL LEAGUE MATCH
FNB STADIUM – SATURDAY, 15 MARCH 2014
SMSA is committed to assisting event organizers such as Orlando Pirates FC to host safe and incident free football events at FNB Stadium.
1. Arrive Early
- A capacity crowd is expected at the FNB Stadium;
- Gates and bars opening at 11h30 – arrive early and share in sponsor activations and giveaways;
- SAPS and JMPD enforced road closures from 09h00 in the outer NASREC precinct – no vehicle access permits - no entry;
- No general public parking will be allowed in the entire precinct – offending vehicles will be towed;
- No parking ticket sales at the Stadium on match day;
- Illegal (pavement) parking will be strictly regulated by the JMPD;
- The public who are not attending the match are requested to avoid the entire NASREC precinct between 08h00 and 20h00;
- Avoid traffic congestion and missing the start of this very special match – arrive at the stadium before 13h00;
- Public transportation will be the main form of transport to the FNB Stadium;
2. Recommended Routes to Stadium
The following dedicated vehicular routes have been put in place for the match:
VIP & Hospitality
It is recommended that VIP and hospitality ticket holders approach the Stadium from the North via the N17 (access off the N1 – north & south) and from the East via NASREC Road.
In order to avoid delays – all VIP’s & Hospitality ticket holders should arrive at the stadium before 13h30 to avoid any inconvenience.
All event support staff using vehicles must arrive before 10h30 & approach the Stadium from the South via Rand Show Road. Access off M1 and N1 (north & south).
3. Public Transportation
Special event public transportation arrangements have been put in place for the Derby– Rea Vaya, Metrorail, Top 6 Taxi shuttles and KTK mini bus shuttles. The details & costs are as follows:
1. REA VAYA
- Rea Vaya will be operating its bus service every 5 minutes along its routes between Ellis Park & Thokoza Park (T1), Library Gardens East & Noordgesig (T3) to the FNB stadium.
- Services will commence at 12h00 until 15h0. Post-match services will run every 3 minutes between 17h30 and 19h30.
- R13 for a single trip card and R25 (recommended) for a return trip card - will be sold at all Rea Vaya Stations. Normal smart card can be used for the service.
- Extended Metrorail train services will be running from Vereening, Pretoria, the East Rand, West Rand, Johannesburg Park Station and Soweto at R20 per return ticket.
- The return trains will depart after the match from the NASREC station
- Free safe and secure parking is available to ticketholders at most of the stations along the route
- For route and schedule details please visit: www.stadiummanagement.co.za
EMAIL ENQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. TOP 6 TAXIS
- One way taxi fare will be R10 to the FNB Stadium and R12 return after the match
- Taxi pick-ups and return destinations
• Noord street: MTN Taxi and the Bridge Taxi Rank
• CBD: Bree Street Taxi Rank Commissioner and Vonweilligh Street Taxi Rank
• and Von Brandis Marshall street Taxi Rank
• Baragwanath: Moroka Police Station and Maponya Mall Shopping Centre
• Eldos: Kliptown Post Office Taxi Rank
• Dobsonville Police Station
• Meadowlands Police Station
• Phefeni Taxi Rank
• Cross Road Taxi Rank
• Dube Station Taxi Rank
4. KTK MINI BUS SHUTTLES
- A mini-bus shuttle service will be running from the Gautrain – Park Station (CBD) between 12h08 and 14h08 on match day at a cost of R50 return
To Book a seat please call or sms – Khosina 073 176 1126 or Louisa 082 868 6224
5. DISABLED PARKING
BOOKINGS: Computicket outlets- Disabled parking – R50 per vehicle via Computicket customer care 011 340 8000 or 0861 915 8000. If you have any problems making this booking, please contact Stadium Management on (011 247 5300)