Headlines News :
Home » » I decided to be proud of my country

I decided to be proud of my country

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I went on the News24 website where there is a story a bigoted tennis player from Australia who called a South African player a f*cken kaf*ir. What was disappointing even more than that episode are the comments by the so called South Africans who continue to harbor discriminatory agendas.

The 2010 LOC Chairperson, Dr. Irvin Khoza, is quoted as saying as South Africans we are too modest, I tend to disagree, let us be honest, we are too negative.

The foreign media tried to feed of this negativity by going as far as to suggest that there was plan B for the 2010 World Cup. We give platforms in the media including the SABC, which is run by tax payers money and TV licences paid for by South Africans to foreigners like Mamadou Gaye to lambast our National Team.

Our country and our pride and we call it freedom of speech, I call it negativity. I will not forget the small community of Cape Town who tried to block the building of the Greenpoint Stadium and that had nothing to do with trees; it had everything to do with the fact that football is predominantly black sport and some people don’t want blacks near them, strange considering this is Africa, yet another dose of negativity.

African players who play their trade in Europe will tell you of the pain they experience at being called monkeys by racist fans, yet our own black journalist calls our players monkeys in his column.

If he had choice words for the players he should have chosen them wisely, monkeys? Just another dose of negativity.

We play the number 1 team in the world, Spain; we acquit ourselves very well except we got sucker punched twice by a team much better than ours and people invest their energies in lambasting the team, the Coach and the individual players.

I decide not buy into what these peddlers of negativity are selling, I decide to be proud of my country and its efforts in hosting the world, I decide to support a team, not just a winning team, I decide to support football.

I decide to celebrate what Football has done for this country; millions of people are employed in the construction sector building stadia and roads, at this time when the world is experiencing economic turmoil.

I decide to celebrate Bernard Parker who has shown that he has great potential and could make it in the Spanish League. I decide to celebrate with all those kids who will benefit from the 20 Football for hope centres across this continent, I decide to celebrate the game of Football.

MR KNOW IT ALL
Share this post :

+ comments + 5 comments

Anonymous
June 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Hey wena Mbungula, stop stressing. You have done the right thing by standing behind our sons. I do not know what took you so long but since you are in the Great Awakening, well done. It's too cold out there, simply get those fat cakes a Baragwanath Taxi Rank in Zone 6. I mean those tennis size fat cakes and a bag of Joko tea, then you will taste greatness. Do not feed your mind with strife, this is soccer watch the ball make circles from feet to feet. You did good by confessing, I think Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu will pardon your old sin of being unpatriotic and some more sins that goes with that one. You cannot count on the pardon of Koping Dandala, he is now a fallen angel. Hope many more will get out of the closet and get the pardon while blood is stillruning warm in their veins.

No wonder they were peaceful praching robes and carry Bibles at the stadium. The truth has set one of our sons free. Next I hope those Mkhonyova girls snatching guests wallets will come out and get a pardon from veteran Arch Bishop Mpilo Tutu. Maybe the linesman and the referees will one day confess those goodies they got behind tainted windows.

Confession Good 4 de Heart

Anonymous
June 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Mzala, I can see clearly now. Vuvuzela is going all the way. Gone are those days they only buy playesr to go overseas. Trust me the are guys out there who would like to but anumber of Bloemfontein CeLTIC FC Fans. Many teams in the EPL have got the right players but no 90 minute lively fans. Brace yourself fans, you will soon be going for trials. Those who denied us fair play for all those many years we could not any country did us good on the converse. The complection of soccer will never be the same again. Think of Sadam being signed by Manchester and Mzion by Barcelona. Soccer is evolving rightnow USA is leading against Spain. Obama is not the 12th player, it's 11 per side no excuses. Brazil must be praying very hard that Thursday never come. While fans will be going on sale make sure you read your contract very well before you sign. Creative minds are all taking a look at South Africa and fans can now go on sale. I will seek a reputable Fan Agent and will take thinks from there.

Highly Motivated Fan #............

Anonymous
June 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM

JOMO IS TABOOING

How can Big Jomo do such a thing, Gloria Hlalele has had her hay days long time ago. She was known very well but I do not think she still has that anymore, unless she will head Development or something in the administration but not actually doning cocks and a jersey. Really Big J you are really tabooing now. Even glorias grand children must be upset at the idea that granny is going out of retirement back to the grounds.

I will take it that Big J has been catching cold, since this winter is showing no signs of quitting.

Bankuna Tivumbeni Xingwezi Nxumalo

Anonymous
June 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Where is Spain? Has anybody sin Spain? Is their aroplaine still at the airport? They must have left long ago, they only cut their beards and left them on a rat hole. Ag sis Spain man sis tog man, Makhosikazi beat Spain ag man shame man sis tog sis. Somebody lock the Brazilian aroplaine in the garage we must play them come thursday. Bring no hanckerthieves, it wont help. The final will be played by those contries who put God firt, "God bless Africa" and "God bless America" and when that is all done then we can sing "God bless the world". But right now I want Brazil and Rhonaldhino included. We too "Yes we can". Sis man Spain wa swabisa man. Where are Spains parent, their son is getting a beatdown. That shows we still got a long wayy of using our new stadiums. Next world Cup must go to Lesotho. Thereafter the world Cup must go to Swaziland. We need no more stadiums we have them. Perhaps we can do a facelift in Mbabane and Maseru.

Viva Soccer

Anonymous
June 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I am trying very hard to go to sleep even my sleeping peels have gone out of steem. I wanted this much corveted cup in Msholozis cabinet. I am going to call in at my job. The rain got into the house the very few last seconds. You know it's winter anyway and for a Tsunami to come winter time is very unfair. All the boys were in great shape and everything was perfect yet we fell short. You cannot take such a big hidding and say "I will get you later". It is very humbling when another man beat you infront of all your people. Brazil must know that the clever ones will get them ahead. At the street smart house may be celebrating now while at the not so smart are wailing.Now, Namibia,Lesotho,Botswana, Malawi and Swaziland will disrepect me very badly and try to pull punches. Perhaps if my brother Cameroon or Nigeria was here Brazil will see good. Those my big brothers do not play. Brazil will soon forget what they did to us and will be back next year, by then brother Cameroon and Brother Nigeria will be back from their mining jobs. We tried very hard with our dustbin leads and a half brick on the other hand but block brick sure got a hold of me. I had to cut my hair with a raisor blade hope the wound will heal quick. I hope I wont have a scar. It hurts as our grand mothers and sisters were bathing in tears when they saw their sons getting a hidding.

See ya later, I need more quit crying time.

Cry Baby

Post a Comment
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger