From where I am standing, this is what I think led to Lebogang Manyama's Kaizer Chiefs move falling through:
· Kaizer Chiefs approached Ajax Cape Town and made an irresistible offer, which Mr. Ari Efstathiou found attractive and accepted without thinking twice.
· Kaizer Chiefs were over-excited and announced the capturing of the player prematurely because they did so before the player in question signed for them.
· Maimane Phiri (Lebogang Manyama's Agent) felt that he was undermined, went to the media and expressed his surprises about the 'eminent' move, which he said could fall through as he preferred an overseas move for his client. Which is something I believe he did purposeful to spite those two other parties which went behind his back and concluded a deal for his client.
· Lebogang Manyama pulls out of the deal, a decision which obviously was influenced highly by Maimane Phiri, who is Lebogang Manyama's manager.
· I also believe that the amount which Kaizer Chiefs and Ajax Cape Town agreed up had already been paid, and now Ajax Cape Town has to return the money back to Kaizer Chiefs.
After looking at all those points I mentioned above, I believe that even if Maimane Phiri would have loved to see his client moving to Amakhosi, he felt that Kaizer Chiefs and Ajax Cape Town undermined his authority, which I believe he could be correct, by that, he had to make sure that the deal falls through, and he had to read about it on the media.
I would back Maimane Phiri if he did that, because I strongly believe that the three parties, namely, Maimane Phiri (player's agent), Kaizer Chiefs (buyer), Ajax Cape Town (Seller) should've all been involved on this matter from the word go, but it wasn't the case.
I also believe that Kaizer Chiefs and Ajax Cape Town acted in an unprofessional manner as they know that players have agents, who MUST be involved in these kinds of deals.
By Shonisani Clifford
If you want to be a Guest Writer via Diskioff please send your article/s to email@example.com - subject ‘Guest Writer’