Let’s revisit the history book about the state of poor foreign strikers recruited by Orlando Pirates in the past years.
Pirates have wasted millions of money recruiting average strikers who never added any positive value to the team. Had the wasted money invested wisely in the youth development, Pirates would have produced world class goal poachers. The focus is now limited on the strikers now.
10 worst foreign strikers signed by Orlando Pirates in the past years:
1. Jerri Moreno Pires (Cape Verde, 2008)
2. Chamala Kabanga (Dr Congo, 2003)
3. Haitham Tambal (Sudan, 2006)
4. Davies Mwape (Zambia, 2005)
5. Jean-Paul Bang-Penda (Cameroon, 1998)
6. Ralph ‘Raru’ Matema (Zimbabwe, 2007)
7. Christian Nwakorie (Nigeria, 1997)
8. Ezenwa Otorogu (Nigeria, 2010)
9. Sunny ‘Chika’ Okpara (Nigeria, 1997)
10. Akson ‘Scud missiles’ Shambala (Zambia,1993)
The foreign strikers who produced sizzling performance for Pirates include Gilbert Mushangazhike (Zimbabwe), Pio Nogueira (Peru), Dennis Lota (Zambia), Etienne Nsunda (Zaire), Gento Kambala (Zaire) and Osvaldo Darío Nartallo (Argentina)
Foreign based strikers with potential but never given a fair chance to play are Takesure Chinyama (Zimbabwe) and Blaise Lelo Mbele (DR Congo).
What’s your memory about any above mentioned strikers?