Headlines News :
Home » » Letter to Ajax Cape Town management

Letter to Ajax Cape Town management

Written By Unknown on Monday, October 1, 2012 | Monday, October 01, 2012

Okay, I've had enough of being cute and I'm not good with this tounge in cheek crap so let me vent even though I doubt Ajax management even read this forum (http://goo.gl/tJ288) - I have never seen anyone from the club respond so I think my skepticism is justified. With regard to the game itself, there were many things that went wrong so let me try and tabulate exactly what I saw.

Firstly, Sander Westerveld has displayed on numerous occasions his lack of commitment to the team and supporters. He may argue that his pedigree is enough of an argument but you are only as good as your last game in my humble opinion and Sander has cost us a great many games.

When there was a goalkeeping gulf after the retirement of Hans Vonk Sean Roberts stepped up to the plate and produced, giving 150% despite coming from a long and protracted injury. He gets rewarded with the bench just because we managed to sign an ex-Liverpool keeper looking for a retirement home.

Yes, Sean's slip against Celtic cost us the game; I've lost count how many games Sander has cost us. Second Koen Van der Laack. Generally the whole team looked dejected and disjointed from the start, almost as if not everyone understood their roles. But for me Koen was pathetic, and why he was not replaced still baffles me. Instead we substitute Dolly who in my opinion at least looked at times like producing some magic.

I won't comment on Wanderson or the substitution of Jenniker for Alcaro- I think the game was lost by then already anyway. But this match I believe must not be viewed outside of the greater context. I've been Ajax-befok for years now, but my greatest criticism of the club is the lack of ambition to hold onto our youth products in order to produce silverware. I'm not referring to Serero and the like who have landed once-in-a-lifetime contracts; instead I'm referring to our eagerness to offload our rising stars to our competitors (read north of the Vaal) in order to cash-in.

Ajax has probably one of, if not the best youth structure in the country- but what does that matter if you have nothing to show in terms of silverware? I think as fans we have been very patient, I saw at the Tuks game a little bit of that patience evaporate on Saturday.

To see your team humiliated like that, at home, against PSL newcomers made me sick to the core- and somebody needs to stand up say this will never happen again. We are very eager to brag on our website and social media platforms about how many Ajax youth products are playing in the PSL; but the key difference is that the other teams are using our youth products to produce silverware; and if we are not playing for silverware then what the hell are we playing for?

Somebody or some policy has transformed us within a very short period of time into being title contenders to relegation contenders, and this needs to stop. It almost appears as if my club is becoming a one-stop for out-of-favour and rejects foreign has-beens that add no value to the aspirations of the fans but instead come to receive their last paycheck before being confined to the dustbins of football what-could-have-been history. Ajax CT is my club and my passion.

Management needs to sit up and take note and adapt accordingly before we end up in the first division. Nothing less than completely demolishing a struggling AmaZulu in our next game will convince me that Stekelenberg is serious about my club; that's if he's still around that time.

By aykay47 via www.ajaxct.com
Original Letter: http://goo.gl/tJ288
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger