Headlines News :
Home » » Dear Kaizer Chiefs (A letter from anonymous)

Dear Kaizer Chiefs (A letter from anonymous)

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 27, 2011 | Thursday, October 27, 2011


This letter has been written by a staunch Kaizer Chiefs supporter and they have asked to remain anonymous.

Dear Kaizer Chiefs

This letter might come across as somewhat emotional. To a huge extent, it is. This is because I was raised as a supporter of this team. I’ve actually been a supporter since this club was about 15 years old. I’m now grown and have my own family who supports The Mighty Amakhosi. I came to love this club dearly. This team became like that sweetheart you’ve known from day one you will grow up and raise a beautiful happy family with.

For many years, I was very happy with my sweetheart. I knew what to expect and when they made me sad by losing certain matches, I was quick to forgive, because we all make mistakes in life.

Of late though, with all the drama-taking place off the field and not much in the way of fireworks ON the field, I find myself wondering how much longer I can keep loving you. At times it feels as though the players have lost their passion to play for the club. It’s a big club I understand and of course it is also a career for them and they would always be looking to garner better opportunities especially an overseas move as we all do in our respective places of employment. It’s part of being ambitious.

My problem comes when I see a player who is STILL donning the Black and Gold, treating it as a meal ticket. This is the reason I do not bother going to the stadium anymore. I’m never guaranteed a win, let alone an entertaining match because there is not much of a team or unity on the pitch anymore. Lehlohonolo Majoro was a star and I don’t see that confidence at Chiefs. Bernard Parker was regarded as our very own Benni, I’m still waiting for those goals.

Reneilwe Letsholonyane seems like his head is elsewhere these days. Shabba (Siphiwe Tshabalala) has become selfish in the box in trying to be noticed.

Itumeleng Khune my new Captain whom I have no faith in, has been making some serious schoolboy blunders. Jimmy Tau and Josta Dladla are being left on the sideline. It’s a mess.

Then comes the club management. Oh my where does one start here. I’ve lived through many scandals at the team, yet I’ve always loved and appreciated the manner in which the club respected us as supporters. Yes every club spins what’s happening internally, that’s why there’s PROs. BUT, when even a Deaf man can tell that he’s being lied to and blatantly disrespected by those he holds in high esteem, then it’s balls to the walls.

This now becomes an emotionally abusive relationship, not one built on mutual respect and honesty. Bobby has treated us supporters like immature, unintelligent children for far too long. He’s not building on his father’s legacy, not even thinking about the Motaung’s to come after him. All he cares about is to dress suave, be seen as Bob Steak, the man with money and not the man who runs his fathers club like the mighty team it is. I’m often embarrassed by his short sightedness.

Yes defend your team, but don’t EVER believe us to be morons because without US idiotic supporters buying tickets, buying team jerseys and watching the team’s matches, even big clubs like Kaizer Chiefs fall. It might not happen tomorrow, but carry on disrespecting us and we’ll see how big the viewership on your team’s matches become.

I am hurt, disgusted and saddened by how mediocre my team is becoming ON and OFF the field. Besides Cups, we haven’t tasted a league win since 2004/05. This season, since we’ve decided not to defend our TKO title, that’s it for us in terms of trophies. We will never win the Nedbank Cup because that has historically been like trying to find a rich man Khanyi Mbau would not sleep with. Winning the league with all this drama is another big joke.

In closing. I love you Kaizer Chiefs but my days with you before I hit the divorce court, are numbered. I’ve lost faith in you. I look at you with questioning eyes instead of unwavering love. I worry about us. I’m not going to tell you how to, but please go back to being the Mighty team I love unapologetically.

Sincerely
Your soon to be ex supporter

The author of this letter has asked to remain anonymous.

READ THE ORIGINAL LETTER HERE: http://goo.gl/LMngZ
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger