This season FC Barcelona will play in a new third kit – a powerful black jersey highlighted with yellow accents that embodies the style and craft of the La Liga BBVA title holders.
The shirt is predominately black with vibrant yellow side stripes and a modern sport crew neck. Inside both the collar and the sleeves, fans will find a subtle nod to the history and culture of the club with red and vibrant yellow stripes of the Senyera –the Catalan flag.
The new kit shorts are black with a thin vibrant yellow stripe on each side. The socks match the jersey and shorts and feature the FC Barcelona red and vibrant yellow stripe Senyera on the back.
The kit showcases Nike’s belief in style, craft and pride while aiding the performance of players with key technological features.
· The kit is made from recycled polyester as part of Nike’s commitment to produce performance apparel with reduced environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
· In the pioneering process, plastic bottles are chopped into flakes, then melted down to form yarn that is spun into fabric, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
· Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfill through the use of recycled polyester.
Fabric and Nike Dri-FIT
· The kit weighs just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
· The fabric uses Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body through the fabric where it can evaporate, to keep players cool and dry.
· Ventilation zones, consisting of tiny laser-cut holes, feature under the arms on both sides, as well as at the shorts waistband, to allow additional comfort and cooling. A mesh panel across the entire back increases air circulation.
Fit and Construction
· The shirt has been crafted with bonded T-bars to support the seams at key points and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance, while also increasing comfort and performance.
The new kit is available to buy from www.nike.com beginning Sept. 21.