Let's familiarize ourselves with CAF Champions League regulations to avoid former Bafana Bafana Pitso Mosimane, the South African Football Association's (SAFA) humiliation and embarrassment in 2011 after failed to unequivocal understand and interpret the application of rule 14.1 of the CAF African Cup of Nations qualification regulations after Sierra Leone game.
According to the Article 4, bullet point number 10 on Second Phase (Group Stages) of the Confederation of African Football stated that *In case of equality of points after all the group matches have been played, the classification of the teams shall be established according to the following criteria:
1. Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned teams.
2. Goal difference resulting from the matches between the concerned teams.
3. Greater number of goals scored away from home in matches between the concerned teams.
4. Superior goal difference from all the matches played in the group.
5. Greater number of goals scored in all the matches played in the group.
To this end is so far so good to Orlando Pirates but only 3 points are good enough to progress to the semifinals but 4 points might result in topping the group.
Will show permutations analysis after the Orlando Pirates vs Zamalek game on Sunday [01/09/2013].
Any questions? Tweet me @shudulizah.