In 2010, The Final 8 beat 75,000 other young players and earned contracts with The Nike Academy. Their football journeys continued…
Pictures in Details:
1. (Back left) Tobi Amokeodo, David 'Titi' Accam, Tom Rogic, Reyaad Pieterse (Front left) Fabio Tonini, Jonathan King, Mustapha Taline, Seon-Min Moon.
2. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Fabio is an explosive wide midfielder who has excellent drive and energy. He is positive in his play and looks to dominate his opponent. He has a good left foot, can deliver telling crosses and has the capability to score goals.”
3. Fabio’s dynamic style of play generated interest during his time at The Nike Academy but he returned to Belgium to go pro in 2012.
4. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Jonathan is a dogged defender who uses the ball well. He’s an athletic, hard worker who will benefit from full time training in the UK. Jonathan’s positive personality who will be a big asset to the team.”
5. A series of injuries disrupted Jonathan’s time at The Nike Academy but, determined not to give up, he returned to South Africa to continue his rehabilitation. Several clubs continue to monitor his progress.
6. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Moon showed excellent quality during the week. His touch, control and balance are impressive, and his SPARQ rating was terrific. Moon can see the potential of a play, and has vision and appreciation of where and when to pass. He has excellent potential.”
7. Despite the language barrier, Moon excelled at the Nike Academy and joined the same Swedish club as Titi. After helping his side to consecutive promotions, Moon’s journey continues up the leagues.
8. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Mustapha is an excellent technical player. He has terrific close control and moves very well with the ball. He links the play and creates openings for himself and others as a result.”
9. After leaving the Nike Academy, Mustapha is trying to secure his first professional club contract in France.Watch Mustapha's perfect strike: http://go.nike.com/MustaphaStrike
10. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Reyaad is a goalkeeper with excellent potential. He is strong, powerful and brave, with good distribution skills and solid shot stopping. He is a presence in goal and should become even more commanding with full-time specialist training.”
11. Reyaad’s performances for the Nike Academy didn’t go unnoticed. He signed for one of Ireland’s biggest clubs. After impressing in the league, and in Europe, he returned to South Africa, signing for Kaizer Chiefs in 2013.
12. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Titi is a quick, powerful wide player who can play through the middle. He has excellent close control, is direct in his play, and looks to take his opponent and create positive outcomes. Titi will attract a lot of interest if he continues his progress.”
13. Titi’s explosive performances for the Academy earned a contract with a pro club in Sweden. Nine goals in his fourteen games announced his arrival. A few months later, Titi was playing against Europe’s elite after moving to the Swedish champions for a record fee. He was recently called up to the Ghana national team for their match against Sudan on March 24th.
14. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Tobi is a direct striker who combines pace, power and aggression. He is a willing leader of the line and makes good runs to receive the ball. Tobi has the potential to play the game professionally.”
15. After leaving the Nike Academy, Tobi followed in the footsteps of Moon and Titi by signing a pro contract with the same club in Sweden.
16. The Chance Scout Report (2010): “Tomas is an excellent midfielder. He has terrific vision, very good technical quality and is composed in possession. He leads the midfield, dictates play with authority and has the potential to play at a high level.”
17. Tom returned to Australia and made an immediate impact, making his international debut for the Socceroos within 12 months of leaving The Nike Academy. Earlier this year, his standout performances inspired his move to Celtic FC.