Headlines News :
Home » » Jali on adidas and Orlando Pirates

Jali on adidas and Orlando Pirates

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 | Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Orlando Pirates' 2010/11 Player of the Year, Andile Jali, speaks about the new jersey, and what he thinks the Treble champions must do to defend their trophies.

When you first saw the new Orlando Pirates jersey – what went through your mind?
The first time I saw it I was impressed because it was beautiful. I would like to thank Adidas for making a great jersey for the team.

The black jersey looks wonderful – how does it feel wearing it now?
Yes, it feels good! But, for me, the red jersey is the one that I love most.

Is the design better than last season’s jersey?
Yebo! I think that adidas has done a great job with both jerseys!

What do you think of the red jersey?
As I said before it’s the jersey that I love! The black one is nice, but the read one is beautiful! People are not used to red and most people told me that they love the red jersey.

Which striker, midfield or even a defender you think will bless the new jersey with a goal?
Mmm … I’m not sure! [laughs] Probably 'Drogba' [Bongani Ndulula] or me! But I will be happy if any of the guys scored because at the end of the day we need goals to win games!

Your first game with the new jersey will be against Spurs in the Vodacom Challenge – what result do you want to see at the end of the game?
As i-season i-starter [as the season starts] everyone wants to have positive results. So I hope that we can play well and get the results that will make us win the Vodacom Challenge.

Would you exchange your new jersey with the Spurs players in the Vodacom Challenge or just frame it at home?
I don’t know at this moment, maybe I will keep it, or maybe I won’t.

Some supporters say it’s going to be hard to match the 2010/11 jersey – do you think you guys can double what you achieve with the new 2011/12 jersey?
Maybe, but all I can say is that our supporters must support us. We will continue on what we left off from last season. We will try our very best to achieve even more this season if we can.

What do you think of Pirates' chances of winning the League again?
It’s going to be hard, but we will give it our very best! It’s not easy to defend a trophy, worse – it’s three for us! So we will also be counting on our supporters to support us in good and bad times during the course of the season.

AFRICA! This is going to test everyone at Bucs. Do you think you guys can add another star on that badge on the famous Orlando Pirates jersey?
Ja wonke umuntu u-ready! [yes everyone is ready] They way the coach is planning it indicates that we will be ready for Africa. A second star will make everyone happy, but that will come from hard work from everyone. We want to make our supporters enjoy the 2011/12 season as well.
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger