Headlines News :
Home » » DR’S ART: Where are the PROs??

DR’S ART: Where are the PROs??

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 23, 2008 | Thursday, October 23, 2008

I remember back in the days when I was 7 or 8 years old, a day couldn’t pass without hearing PROs on radio, Alex Tshakoane and Louis Shakoane were always talking with Radio DJs. From Radio Venda (now Phalaphala FM) to Radio Zulu (now Ukhozi FM) from North to Cape. These gentlemen were always making their supporters talk and this also encourage supporters to attend games at stadiums. You will forgive me by talking more about Alex and Louis, it is the work they did back in 90s. These two men would fight each other with words (not physical), Alex would be praising Mamelodi Sundowns and Louis do the same for Kaizer Chiefs. Who can forget the way Alex ate the bubble gum, the waving of hands from left to right conducted by Louis. Those were the days when PROs knew how to lift spirits to the supporters.

Then come Putco Mafani, obviously when you heard Mafani, immediately "Daily Bread" comes to mind. These words were his when he was calling Sundowns. This has since stuck as a football words expressed by supporters who knows that come rain or sun we will beat a certain team. I was not sure if I had to mention Mickey Modisane, but I decide to mention him cause of this words "HAPPY PEOPLE" - he is the man behind the “Happy People” slogan as Orlando Pirates use it today.

These days you only know PROs the day that he/she is hired after that you won’t hear from him/her again, unless if there are crises or celebration of some sort and this is done cause the media asked or is looking for clarity. I'm one of few that know who these guys are; Sammy, Mickey, Siyabulela Makunga (Sorry I forget him I just Googled him) and Sello Nduna. Its hard to hear these guys from RADIO unless if the Radio DJ or journalist are looking for answers. Why are they not encouraging supporters… it’s beyond my knowledge?

Recently Kaizer Chiefs have demoted Thebe to development because he was so quiet that you will think he was deaf. But his successor is not doing that good also, maybe with time he will be a PRO that we all know of. I'm more disappointed by Sammy I thought cause he is a comedian it will be easy for him to talk to supporters. He also works at a Radio station with all this impressive things. I haven’t heard him encouraging supporters or boosting about Sundowns. The only time I heard him was when he had to answer from media. These PROs, must bring back the fire or else more and more supporters are going to departure from stands.

Remember this is not personal but my view.
by DR NDIVHUWO (joer@in.com)

Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger