Headlines News :
Home » » Away with the Springbok emblem

Away with the Springbok emblem

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 | Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I want to take my hat off as the Diski2010 Manager and be a South African, and nothing more. I have my personal experience with the White South African Rugby Supporters. Some good, extremely good, and some very bad. So there are two if not three Kinds of South African White Rugby Supporters. There are those that love their Rugby and are so excited to see a black Rugby Supporter. Secondly there are those that pretend to like the Black Rugby Supporters, but you can easily make the distinction when they drunk. There are those who do not hide their hatred for Black Rugby Supporters.

I am an infant Rugby Supporter. There are things that made me to love Rugby. The first time I watched a full game of Rugby was when we won the world cup at Ellis Park. I will never forget that day when we defeated the All Blacks (New Zealand). I stand to be corrected but that game did not have a try. What a Game, What an Atmosphere. Madiba (Nelson Mandela) was there, as much as Thabo Mbeki was there when we won the World Cup this year.

Now to the bone of contention, the Springbok emblem. I like it, it’s nice and the Springbok on that emblem looks young, energetic and humble. Nothing wrong with the animal itself. Actually I would rather have that animal on the Bafana Bafana T-shirt than the SAFA Emblem. That's just how much I love the Springbok, as an animal. But My problem is the Springbok the Rugby way.

We all know what it stand for the Rugby way, and everyone can come and plead his case, but it stood for Racial divide (Ask any Old white man who was there and believed no Black boy will wear the Shirt) and it still stand for Racial Divide That is why its removal caused so much noise. I met one white boy who said that we should leave their (Whites) Rugby alone as much as they left our (Blacks) football.

STORY CONTINUES: http://diski2010.blogspot.com/
email: baile.diskioff@gmail.com
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger