Headlines News :
Home » » SABC & 2010 Concern

SABC & 2010 Concern

Written By Unknown on Friday, November 20, 2009 | Friday, November 20, 2009

SABC & 2010 Concern

SABC will be bringing live the 2010 World Cup. I watched the game between South Africa and Jamaica with a couple of friends.

We ended up chatting about the lack of interest of the white community in our National Team.

Now I ask myself as to why most of whites do not even watch the game on TV. I try to put myself in these people's shoes. The commentary is in English and one of the African Languages.

I do not personally get affected because most of the time the African Language is Tswana or Sesotho. Thank God its never in Venda, Shangaan or IsiNdebele, and maybe SABC should explain why a selected few African languages should be privileged in this regard.

The very same SABC would broadcast Cricket and sometimes Rugby and the commentary would be purely English and no African Language. Are they excluding and exempting African people from Cricket and Rugby?

The fact of the matter is English is the national language in this country and most of the African people can speak it, thanks to colonization, so why not simply accommodate most of the people of this country and do sports commentary in English?

I say this with great respect to all African Languages in this country. For the record, if I had it my way, I would have 11 commentators representing all African Languages at every soccer match and someone doing the sign language, just to cater for every citizen of the country.

Baile Motshoane
Fafung village
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger