Headlines News :
Home » » RVP’s Betrayal Really Is The Final Straw

RVP’s Betrayal Really Is The Final Straw

Written By Unknown on Thursday, August 16, 2012 | Thursday, August 16, 2012

Robin van Persie's betrayal really is the final straw. I've been a football fan for over 50 years.

I had been becoming dissatisfied with the English Premier League over the last few seasons, but couldn't put my finger on precisely why.

The London 2012 Olympics showed me the reason. Or more specifically, the athletes did. The spirit in which they competed was exemplary and inspiring throughout.

With one exception: the footballers, and in particular, Team GB: I was hoovering between channels, and suddenly, there was our fearless leader, Craig Bellamy, in the referee's face. I got it in that instant: the Premiership has become a league of tattooed, graceless, overpaid and underperforming chavs.

And now my own fearless leader, Robin van Persie, has tarted himself out to the highest bidder. For 200k a week. That's it. I'm out. Thank you Jessica Ennis, As Mo Farah, Rebecca Adlington, Victoria Beckham, Usain Bolt and all the other wonderful competitors for reminding me how it can be done.

By Kieron Murphy

Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger