Headlines News :
Home » » There is nothing wrong with Parker

There is nothing wrong with Parker

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | Wednesday, March 21, 2012


I see nothing wrong about how Bernard Parker plays; he has clearly shown that he is uncomfortable playing as a target man. So why not give him what he wants? Give him the free role, honestly part of the come back we had on Saturday against Orlando Pirates was initiated by the good touches that Siphiwe Tshabalalaand Parker played. Even though he does not score, I think he is still a good controller of the ball.

If you really looked closer to how we played on Saturday... right at the last minutes (at the time we made the come back) he was no longer playing as a striker. He was more of an attacking midfielder. I think there is nothing wrong with him... if only we can then play him together with Sthembiso Ngcobo or Kaizer Motaung Jnr and then give Lehlohonolo Majoro a run when a change is needed.

We would have rescued ourselves, by the way he is my current favourite striker at Kaizer Chiefs, coz from the striker I was never only impressed by the fact that a striker must score, and I also consider the ball control and the dribbling ability, and also the ability to penetrate a one on one... But most importantly the number of assists you have as a striker, I don't see that in any of the Chiefs strikers expt Parker - credit must be given regardless of the goals.

How often do you see Parker on the ball when you playing him as a target man? Yes, not often... so please hands off that guy. I was arguing with Pirates fans on Saturday night... I told them that, there is nothing that Benni McCarthy does that Parker has never done. If only we can have as much faith and courage to be behind Parker just like Pirates fans are doing with McCarthy.

I admire Parker still... he might have lost his scoring form but, he is still playing well. I think that’s why Vladimir Vermezovic always has him on the starting lineup, but most of Amakhosi fans do not notice that.

My Message to Bernard Parker:
Keep playing football brother, you have many fans that are behind you, I’m not the only one.

By Anele Anzamanovic Potelwa
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. DISKIOFF - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger